Go Heritage 2019 - Day 2

Project Africa
Go Heritage 2019 - Day 2 (6/27/19)

I felt a little overwhelmed arriving at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport as a constant barrage of requests for "a little something" and beckonings, and attempted sales pitches greeted my arrival. After navigating through the influx of people, I met my American friend's, Nigerian friend's friend, Innocent, who picked me up from the airport.

My anxieties were immediately assuaged as the ease of conversation between us flowed and the foreign beauty of the city sights captured me. It was already pretty late when I arrived, and a mixup in my hotel location delayed things even more, so there wasn't much time for sightseeing. That was totally fine by me though, because I was past ready to see a real bed after all those cramped plane chairs and neck crooks. But first...FOOD!

I guess I should have tried traditional Nigerian food, being in the country, but again, my dietary restrictions had my new friends confused on where to take me for food. We ended up going to where I ordered a very tasty pad thai goong and a bottle of water. They then helped me get all settled in the hotel, but I did not find sleep right away like I assumed I would. I guess the 8 hour time difference still has me a bit jetlagged. I used my extra energy to do deeper research into the awesome excursions we'll be embarking on in the days ahead. Excitement abounds.

KNOW YOURSELF. HONOR YOUR PAST. FORGE YOUR FUTURE.

Amani,
Rahkua

Project Africa: Los Angeles
Educate. Empower. Enlighten

GoFundMe.com/GoHeritage2019

Comments

Popular Posts