The Voyage - Day 1

PROJECT AFRICA
The Voyage - Day 1 - 7/22/15

"No great triumph comes without tribulation."

I'm sitting in the New York LaGuardia airport right now trying to figure out my next move. I made it here around 7pm EDT from LAX (with a 4hr layover in Nashville) and realized that my Africa flight leaves from JFK tomorrow so my plan to just overnight it in the airport won't work because I'm at the wrong airport! Haha...But, no great triumph comes without tribulation. Oh the adventures! I...no, WE have made it to this day, the final storm before the sun. 

My flight to the motherland with Dr. Umar Johnson's annual East to West Africa tour leaves in less than 24 hours! Admittedly, more anxiety accompanies this moment than excitement currently, but I'm ready for the experience to come.

So thank you all again for being a part of this with me and helping to make it possible. I'll be sending out little blurbs when I can (not sure how the internet access will be). And if you haven't already, go follow the donor only Instagram page: @pala_exclusive for even more pictures and short clips!

Amani,
Rahkua

Project Africa: Los Angeles
"A group of conscious artists endeavoring to enrich our spirit and art through cultural immersion into our historical origins"

Comments

Popular Posts