Go Heritage 2019 - Day 1

Project Africa
Go Heritage 2019 - Day 1 (6/26/19)

I am not a morning person. However, I generally take morning flights because it allows me the luxury of beating the airport rush. There is a particular joy I get from having an easy check-in at the airport which can be a very anxiety-producing place.

I arrived around 6am to Los Angeles International for my 8:10am flight to Houston, TX and enjoyed a very relaxed check-in process. I slept for most of the ride, because I, of course, didn't get to sleep the previous night until after 1am that morning. The flight was 4 hours, which proved to be comparatively short to the 9 hour flight to Frankfurt, Germany after a 2 hour layover. It seemed I would spend an entire lifetime just on flying. I didn't get to stay in Germany for very long (I think it might be nice to visit there someday). Flights were delayed, so everything was extremely rushed. Luckily, I arrived to the terminal just as we were boarding and got on the shuttle taking us to a quite full plane for a 7 hour ride to Lagos, Nigeria!

KNOW YOURSELF. HONOR YOUR PAST. FORGE YOUR FUTURE.

Amani,
Rahkua

Project Africa: Los Angeles
Educate. Empower. Enlighten

GoFundMe.com/GoHeritage2019

Comments

Popular Posts