The Voyage - Day 15

Project Africa
The Voyage - Day 15 (8/5/15)

"Leaving is such bitter sweet sorrow.in fact, there is not much sweet to dilute this feeling of emptiness as I leave a piece of myself behind."


We awoke this morning, packed and ready for the epic journey back to America. We were all so reluctant to leave and we knew our hearts, spirits, and outlook on life would be forever different, transformed, evolved. Leaving is such bitter sweet sorrow.in fact, there is not much sweet to dilute this feeling of emptiness as I leave a piece of myself behindas I leave this place, these people, this feeling of home. But onto the bus we went for an hour ride through Accra's traffic to the airport where we had 3 hours of checking in, being searched, and settling into our seats on the plane. Then we endured a 6 hour flight from Ghana back to Egypt only to sit in the airport at 3am for a 5 hour layover until our 11 hour flight back to the John F. Kennedy Airport in New York! Needless to say, I definitely couldn't have been happier to touch solid ground….but I still had a 2 hour train ride to the cozy little place I'd be staying in Queens with a college friend. By the time my exhausted body touched the bed, my exhausted mind dove headfirst into the land of the sandman for a deep and fulfilling slumber. WELCOME BACK AMERICA!
Farewell Luncheon in Ghana - day of departure

Amani,
Rahkua

Project Africa: Los Angeles

"A group of conscious artists endeavoring to enrich our spirit and art through cultural immersion into our historical origins"

GoFundMe.com/ProjectAfricaReturn

Comments

Popular Posts